Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Knitted Creations


I've wanted for some time to have a way to display the creations from the hobby that takes up much of my waking moments (when I'm not being a mom, a mom taxi to the many ballet lessons, or any other of the typical mom duties that fill most of my normal days).

Knitting always has seemed to me as a hobby that only elderly people were interested in as they sat and rocked on their front porches. Last year, though, I decided during Hurricane Ike that I was going to teach myself to knit. We had no electricity, so why not? I actually astounded myself with how much that I enjoyed it. Perhaps I've hit middle age (turned 40 last year about the time of the hurricane), so am headed for the rocker on the front porch, but I found it to be seriously fun. I also found a niche that I loved, and that brought smiles to my girls faces.

I like to knit scarves and sweaters, but what I like to knit the most is toys. Especially with the excitement it brings to my daughters. They have all sorts of projects planned for me to do, most of which include animals with the most upscale wardrobes.

Blogging is new to me, but as I learn, I will post pictures of the animals and especially of the outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment